From the website:
4W Foldup Solar Battery Maintainer $49.95
- High quality 4w solar cell for year round 12v battery charging
- Perfect for cars, trucks, caravans, boats, motorcycles etc.
- Support stand incorporated in the hard wearing body
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor use
- In built LED charge indicator
- Cable and connections to attach direct to battery terminals and an in car 12v socket
- In built diode prevents reverse battery feed
Here is another choice that sounds great if we aren't interested in charging the laptop(s). From the website:
Freeloader Pro Solar Cell Phone, Camera and Video Charger $114.95
- Freeloader’s solar panels can charge its internal battery in as little as 8 hours or 3 hours when using the supplied USB charging cable
- 200mA premium quality crystalline solar cells
- 1600mAh environmentally friendly Li-ion battery – typical battery life is 2 years.
- Supplied with a Master Cable for connecting to a device or CamCaddy and for charging Freeloader Pro from a computers USB
- Supplied with ten adapters to fit iPod, iPhone, iPhone 3g, iPhone 3gs iTouch, Nano etc, Nokia phones using both standard and mini adaptors (2 supplied), all current Samsung phones (2 supplied), all current LG phones, all current Sony Ericsson phones, Nintendo DS Lite, mini USB adaptor for Motorola phones, Blackberry and most smartphones, Garmin / SatMap and most GPS, Bluetooth headsets, PDA’s, and a 4mm tip for Sony PSP, Archos and most MP4 players, 2 way radios, portable DVD players, e-books, digital cameras and PDA’s
- Impact resistant, rust free aluminum body.
- Freeloader holds its battery charge for up to 3 months
- Supplied with detailed user manual
- Measures 5.9" x 2.5" x 0.8"
- Weighs 6.1oz
Decisions, decisions....we had one commenter that said he had done well without any solar provisions. We may do the same and just try to always get a tent campsite with power. Time will tell...
Stu and Donna