- Sheet set for air mattress
- Wool or fleece blanket for between sheets & air mattress (keeps you warmer!)
- We carry the sleeping bags...but find that we like sheets & a quilt much better. I use a sleeping bag on top if more warmth is needed.
- A tarp has already been mentioned and I second that one! My recent experiences have shown that it can be used for A LOT of different things....right down to emergency shelter in a storm!
- A small axe or saw or both
- A Good Hunting type knife
- A Good tarp ..you can get the Brown and Siler type at Wal-Mart. I recommend a 6x8 or 8 X 10
- Always carry water with you ! And Buy a water filter..that way you can always find clean water. They cost anywhere from $50.00 and on up to a hundred or more.
- Bring Duck Tape, A few sizes of Hose Clamps, Tire repair kit.
- Wind up Flashlights.. never need batteries
The BRAT is now being prepped for the trip...fiberglass repair and painted to match Big Red. Will be done over the winter during Jeff's (step-daughter's boy friend) slow time. We will pick it up next spring before the trip.
We also have purchased a couple of books about traveling Route 66 and gotten another one from a friend who had previously done the trip.
Stu and Donna