- chewed a big wad of bubble gum and blew a huge bubble
- made a snow angel or built a sand castle
- blew soap bubbles, the bigger the better (wetter)
- tried on goofy hats and posed for photos
- played with Play-Doh and ignored the feel/smell
- got on the floor and raced cars
- climbed the jungle gym, slid down the slide or swung in the swings
- played Chutes and Ladders or maybe Clue
- colored outside the lines in your coloring boo
- wore a truly outrageous outfit and didn't care what anyone said
- jumped rope or played hopscotch
- climbed a tree and read a book
- rolled in a haystack or jumped into a pile of leaves
- mooned somebody
- danced like you did at 16 and didn't think about how you looked
- dyed your hair some wild color (temporary is good...LOL!) and flaunted it
- pretended to be some character you love...just for a day or even an hour
- wore wax lips or teeth...and not at Halloween
- played in the sprinkler
- wished on a star
- shot squirt guns
- wear silly pj's, have a pillow fight and tell bedtime stories
- had a marshmallow fight
- jumped on a pogo stick or twirled a hula hoop
- tried yo-yo tricks or counted bounces with a paddle ball
You get the general idea.... We have spent most of our adult lives being responsible and "acting like adults". We have earned our second childhood. Take time to enjoy the simple things, play games, Be Silly, LAUGH OUT LOUD!
"I want to be an outrageous old woman who never gets called an old lady. I want to get leaner and meaner, sharp edged and earth colored till I fade away from pure joy."
I have to admit to not being real good about this, but I am working on it. Doing things that I would never have done 10 years ago. What do you do to keep your inner child nurtured?
Till next time - keep on rollin',
Donna and Stu
PS. Nellie, this blog doesn't apply to you...I know you do all this and more, ALL the time. LOL!