We had originally intended to ride Route 66 in May of this year. That changed when we brought Sadie into our home and we realized that she needed to be a little older. So we moved the date out to May of 2012.
Once again, it looks like the date will change. Stu's twin granddaughters will be graduating high school in May/June 2012. He needs to be there....these two were the apple of his and his late wife's eye, Lin's youngest grandbabies.
Soooooo, looks like we will now do Route 66 in Sept/Oct of 2012. This will be a good thing...why? Consider the recent weather...all the tornadoes in the midwest and south. Turns out that the month of May has the highest number of tornadoes. Gulp....
The next step will be making the decision on whether we travel from east to west as originally planned or go west to east. We will be in Arizona this winter and would love to do as we did over a year ago....visit UT, WY and MT in the late spring/early summer. But by early September we need to have the RV parked in a safe, secure and cost effective spot for the time we are gone. Obviously, on our own land in TN would be perfect.
So, do we not enjoy the other states and head back east? Do we enjoy them and make a mad dash back east? Do we try to find a place to park not too far from the Los Angeles/Santa Monica area and do the route in reverse? So many questions and decisions....but fortunately, there is still a lot of time to make the decision!
We did luck out and get a copy of Microsoft Streets and Trips 2011 on sale recently, actually currently $10 less than the 2010 version.
We also recently updated our Gear List. At some point we'll be adding a riding gear/clothes list as well.
We will be picking up BRAT 2 in mid-June. Then we need to get our old BRAT Rack from VA where it's stored at a friend's house. Some adjustments need to be made to it, that's Stu's area of expertise....I'll just keep blogging. LOL!
Stu and Donna