Stu and Lin: POST-OP update

Friday, February 15, 2008

POST-OP update
Feb 15, 2008

Day 2 and we have had some swerves in the path to recovery. The doctor assures us that these events were not unexpected and he would have been surprised if they didn’t happen. Lin has developed a small hematoma in the area that contained the tumor. It is static and is not causing any direct problems. He has opted to wait for the brain to heal and the swelling go down before attempting to address it. Today’s CAT scan showed a widening of the ventricles within the brain, the doctor placed a catheter to remove the extra fluid. This was done an hour ago at around 8:30 this morning. The results were exactly has he had hoped. Lin is still on a vent and the nursing staff is monitoring all her systems and making the necessary adjustments. We are not out of the woods by any stretch. However, as each minute passes the risks of complications go down. The current concerns are infection and pneumonia neither has developed but it will remain a concern throughout Lin’s recovery. We remain optimistic.

Paul and Debbie will be returning to Kansas today. They have been a welcome source of strength and inspiration. I thank them for their support. Bev is staying at least until Sunday, longer is necessary. We have been holding each other up through all of this and I really appreciate her companionship, she to is a source of strength. Thank you all for your thoughts, prayers and encouragement.

See ya ‘round the bend!



Post a Comment

Love to hear from you - drop a few words and we'll reply!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Sharing is Caring...