See, I can do it!

Friday, January 4, 2008

Do what? Get up in time to see the sun rise. Here are two shots I managed to catch at 7:15 this morning.

So regardless of what some may think....I CAN get up in time to see the sun rise. LOL!

The rest of the morning was spent showering and getting ready to head about 50 miles to have lunch with some BMW riding friends from Houston. The morning was brisk and the temperature wasn't rising quite as quickly as I would like so I planned to wear my Gerbings electrics (socks, gloves & jacket liner). I had already dug out my Sidi boots (haven't worn them much since they have a bigger toebox than my CruiserWorks boots but the do have a better non-slip sole with dirt/gravel) and repacked my saddlebags (in case I opted to do a little shopping).

So, pulled on my electric socks over lightweight knee socks, pulled on my First Gear HT Overpants (noticing there was still quite a bit of dead bug guts on them....LOL!), hooked up the socks, changed the quilted liner in my Tourmaster Trinity jacket to the Gerbing electric jacket liner and started to hook up the socks to the jacket liner and then hook it all up to my temp controller. Phew...cords everywhere! Suddenly I realized on my Harley I had the plug attached directly to the battery and had never gotten that done on the BMW! EEEK...sure am glad Ara and I didn't stay late in San Antonio that night....would have been a disaster with non-working electrics. One more thing added to the list for the BMW dealer next Tuesday.

Fortunately, by the time I stripped off all the electrics, put on two pairs of socks, put my jacket liner back in and dug out my regular warm gloves, the temperature was finally climbing a bit and I knew the electrics wouldn't be needed.

It was a nice ride over to Moulton, I could have taken some photos but was enjoying the ride too much. The front tire was still a little light on the road so when I finally got to Moulton, I adjusted the suspension again. I only had about a 10 minute wait for Mike & Barb to show up. Thanks to a TON of great conversation, only a couple of photos were taken. We had a great time talking bikes, gadgets & RVing (Mike has a Lazy Daze Class C motorhome). The time passed all too quickly and we parted company. The sun had gone behind the clouds again and I actually had a few raindrops on the way back.

All in all, a pretty darn good day! Tomorrow will be a sadder one...Ara will be leaving the park to head easterly. His company will be greatly missed, I look forward to hopefully seeing him in Moab come April when he will show me the ropes of boondocking.

Till next time - keep on rollin',


  1. Since I married Pat I have become a much earlier riser so I see a lot of sunrises. Of course as far north as we are the sunrise isn't until about 8am this time of the year. I can't say that I see all of them in the summer although Daylight Savings Time does help!

    Friends departing is one of the bitter sweet things about fulltiming. I talked tonight with my neighbors from up here who are on a Snowbird trip and drove today from Ft. Mohave, AZ to Needles, CA to meet some friends. I kind of wish I were down there too. But I want to be with Pat so that is a good trade off.

  2. You know that sunset pics look the same as sunrise. Nobody would know the difference :)


We're waiting.....