Busy as the ants in our rig!

Monday, June 5, 2017

We had a nice weekend, well except for the ant invasion. Thank goodness we already had a bottle of Terro on hand. It works wonders...usually within 24-48 hours. We are down to a couple of stragglers but just to be sure, we got the spreadable version for outdoors.

We've used this for several years, always trying to perfect where we place it. This time I think we found the perfect way - on the back side of paper plates. I will be picking up some smaller ones just for this purpose.

We did refresh the dots a couple of times, they do eventually dry out. The good thing is the ants take the bait back to the nest and they all die.

Saturday we headed out on the motorcycle for a ride, it was a gorgeous day. I hadn't been out since my eye surgery and found I still had some issue with the wind getting under my helmet shield and Fitover sunglasses. I solved that by taking off my glasses and just wearing the Fitovers which put them closer to my face and kept the wind from coming in from underneath. We rode to Rock Hall where we enjoyed browsing a couple of shops and, oh yeah, having ICE CREAM!

We have another couple of busy weeks ahead. Today is a home day - laundry and chores. Tomorrow is an early morning doctor visit for us both (primary care). Don't expect anything out of the norm but always happy to get it out of the way. Since Stu has to be fasting for his blood work, we'll enjoy breakfast out - somewhere.

Wednesday Stu will get to go to a retiree luncheon with his firefighter buddies. He rarely gets to these monthly gatherings so I know he'll enjoy it. Thursday he has a dermatologist appointment, we'll catch a movie (maybe "Wonder Woman") and then dinner with our Thursday night friends (no, they aren't friends just on Thursday nights...LOL).

Friday I start my eye drops in my right eye in preparation for getting the cataract removed from my right eye. We have no idea what my vision will end up due to the extreme nearsightedness in that eye. The ophthalmologist has already tweaked the prescription for the lens twice, in hopes of a better result. Me? I'll be thrilled if it's 20/60 like my left eye was at one week post-surgery.

Saturday is Waverly's birthday party - she'll be three. (Eeek! We need to start making plans for Disney next year.) It's a troll themed party and Waverly can't make up her mind on what hat/hairband to wear. LOL!

Monday is my surgery, Tuesday is my first check-up. That means a quiet week since I now know from experience how tired I will be. No exertion or lifting restrictions back in place and after giving up the eye patch for the first time last night, it will be back in place. So glad I figured out the eye mask solution...it works much better and saved my face from the irritation from the tape.

Right now we plan to leave here on Sunday, June 25th which will be two weeks after my second surgery. I should be fine to drive without glasses but will definitely be using readers for the close things. But as always, plans are set in jello!

Ciao for now!


  1. Busy busy bumble bee ... Take care ... πŸ˜πŸ‘ΎπŸ˜Ž

  2. Hope all goes as well with your next surgery. Would love to see you guys! I'm sure we're not on your route home. LOL

  3. Wonder Woman was good. I think you'll like it.


Love to hear from you - drop a few words and we'll reply!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Sharing is Caring...