Moving on down the road...early!

Friday, October 26, 2012

We had planned to stay in Maryland until around November 10th but Hurricane Sandy has changed our mind for us. We are currently parked on Kent Island on the eastern shore - not a good spot to be based upon the current projections.

So we made the decision to hit the road tomorrow before the heavy rain starts on Sunday. We should be snug on our property before the storm hits here. This means cancelling a couple of doctor appointments and my last two PT sessions, but that's a small price to pay for staying safe. They have doctors in Tennessee, too! We had also hoped to see family another time or two...sigh.

The colors are breathtaking right now, the storm will trash the remaining leaves. Here's a shot I took through the windshield yesterday.

For those we are leaving behind in the Mid-Atlantic up through New England area, please do all you can to stay safe. This storm looks ugly. We will be back online by next Tues-Wed. (have to get our phone service turned back on).


  1. Good move; glad you're getting out. Travel safe!

  2. So happy to hear you're moving out. We worry about all our friends out there on the East Coast.

  3. Glad you are getting out of there, Donna. Those trees are just so pretty, and I hadn't thought of the loss of the beautiful leaves. Leaf-peeping is never a sure thing, is it!

  4. Good idea to get out of there. Have a safe trip.

  5. Smart move!!!! It doesn't bode well for the East Coast...When they move the Navy ships out to sea from Norfolk, that's serious.

  6. We are now in Southern NJ planning to stay until Jan. But since we are at "Camp Driveway" at our daughters we will have a safe haven. If we were where you are, we would have headed out too. Good call.

  7. Glad you are heeding the situation and that you have the mobility to pack up and go! Be safe!


Love to hear from you - drop a few words and we'll reply!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Sharing is Caring...