Still in Florida...

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Yup, we're still in Florida dealing with the other side of RVing...repairs. Last summer the shackles on our RV broke and Stu upgraded them. It was shortly after that we noticed that the rig seemed to still be listing to one side (the side where the shackles broke).

Rather than move the rig in the middle of our Florida time (Dec-Feb), we opted to leave Bee's RV Resort a week early and head to the repair place with a week to spare (allowing time to order parts).

Stu made an appointment with Alliance Coach in Wildwood, FL (a whole 25 miles away from Bee's) for Monday the 27th. They have water-electric sites on a first come, first serve basis. We had de-oozed and loaded everything up on Saturday since there was rain in the forecast on Sunday. That let us make our way north at a leisurely pace on Sunday, early enough to hopefully grab a site.

We arrived in the rain, found a site and got settled in...enjoying the 50 amp hook-up. Monday morning Stu headed up to the service counter with a dozen or so others, filling out the necessary paperwork .

Long story short, one spring is broken and the other two are definitely stressed. Our extended warranty is covering the replacement of all three, the parts are on order and should be here on Monday.

So we're settled in, nice paved parking, good hookups, a dump station & dumpster as well as laundry facilities. We're close to shopping & movies, made a Wal-mart run today. Nice quiet roads to take Sadie biking...did almost 30 minutes yesterday. Not a hardship at all.

The other repair is my motorcycle which we left at Stormy Hill Harley-Davidson in Clermont. They were going to install the baffles in my pipes to quiet it down and check out a few warranty items - a rattle and oil leaks.

They have installed the baffles, fixed the problem with the primary chain (screws that were too long and hitting) and discovered that my oil bag has a huge crack in it. They have ordered the new oil bag (warranty) but I am picking up the cost to expedite the shipment in order to pick up the bike on Monday or Tuesday.

So, if all goes well, we should be on the road next Wednesday or Thursday, allowing us to not have to rush back to Maryland. Keeping our fingers crossed!

Till next time - keep on rollin',
Donna and Stu


Love to hear from you - drop a few words and we'll reply!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Sharing is Caring...