WHAT I DISLIKE:
- Vision getting worse - not just reading things but I need a LOT more light to do anything. I sometimes feel like a mushroom in a cave and go around turning on all the lights.
- Manual dexterity decreasing - sure, I knew I'd have trouble threading a needle. Thank goodness for needle threaders. But I've found when cooking and dishing out food, I'm much more clumsy with the spoon and spatula. What's up with that?
- Weight shifts - yeah, you heard me. Even when I don't add any pounds, everything seems to be shifting to the middle, forcing me into larger sizes. :(
- Hair - where it shouldn't be and losing it where it should be. It's not just men that worry about this. My eyebrows are thinning and I found out what's happening. All those little hair follicles are shifting...to my chin! UGH!
WHAT I LIKE:
- But I do love that both my laptops have back-lit keyboards AND my white wireless keyboard really rocks!
- I care less what others think about me. I spent most of my life trying to be what I thought others expected me to be. No more! You don't like me? That's your problem. ;-)
- While I like to look nice that doesn't mean every hair in place in the perfect current style. Nor does it mean expertly applied make-up every day. Nope, what you see is what you get. Best I can do is try to get a haircut every 6-8 weeks (when I really need it every 5 weeks).
- Doing the unexpected - this ties into the first one. Now I get to try things that I would never have considered when I was young. Simple things like getting soaked at a theme park, fun things like going zip-lining, adventurous things like traveling the country on my motorcycle. Life's too short!
So what are your pet peeves about aging? The good, the bad and the ugly. Do tell...