Stu and I have been very fortunate. We were able to schedule his double knee replacement with a doctor he knew and a hospital he trusted. We have managed to return to Maryland at least once a year for all our annual checkups but we have also had a few issues on the road. Each time we were fortunate to have good experiences.
- Infected wound: Urgent Care Clinic
- Dizziness and ear noise: Urgent Care Clinic
- Severe abdominal pain (middle of night) - ER
- Severe bladder infection (weekend) - ER
- Severe chest pain (middle of night) - ER
Fellow RVing friends have had to deal with kidney stones, heart attacks, gallbladder attacks, cancer, bad falls and even an intestinal blockage. It's life and we do what we have to do. We just don't live in fear.
How have your experiences been with finding medical care while traveling? Do you return to one location annually for regular checkups?
BONUS: Honeymoon in Cabo San Lucas