- Love the term “Wally-Docker” that I saw posted on Rick & Paulette's blog today.We are boondockers when we can and Wally-Dockers as well. Love it!
- Thank you to everyone who posted on my Mini rant on....Camping World blog yesterday. I appreciate the feedback. A special thank you to friends who offered to visit their local Camping World store and pick up the soap saver and mail it to us. You guys/gals ROCK!
- Love that we have moved from 400 mile days to usually 250 or less. No need to rush to get up, get on the road...just to park and do it all over again the next day. Heck, we ARE retired.
- We still aren't positive where we will be in Florida. We have looked at several campgrounds but haven't made a final decision. That will come next week as I start making calls and finalizing price quotes. Right now it's between Sumter Oaks in Bushnell (SKP park but current rate sheet only shows a daily rate for the winter), Bee's RV Resort in Clermont and Lazy Dazy Retreat in Clermont.
We've only done Sumter Oaks before so we've been looking for a change. The other two are closer to Orlando which is good for us in Feb when we take two granddaughters to Universal Studios and Stu attends his annual Retired Firefighter reunion.
- Future blog topics:
- Where to find free books for your Kindle (and Kindle apps for phone, iPad, PC, etc)
- Software I use a lot (especially freeware)
- Holiday Shopping - My Friend's Stores/Links
- Our communications - computers, printer, router, air card, phones, etc.
- Blogging - using blog readers, blogs I follow
- I love sitting outside in my comfortable anti-gravity recliner, enjoying the sun and reading. I could laze away days doing this....if only I didn't feel so guilty about not doing something constructive. LOL!
- Thank you to our cruise friends, John & Patty, for the Punkin' Chunkin' DVD. You guys rock...definitely hope to meet up again on the road! (We went last year...it was a blast: Punkin' Chunkin' 2009 - Bridgeville DE)
- If you go to our blog home page, you will notice two new links at the top of the page. We get a lot of questions about our rig and our motorcycles and the new feature that allows us to add static pages to our blogs...I did just that! How We Travel and How We Ride.
- I also added a map to the sidebar that shows the states that Stu and I have been through in our RV. He could add Iowa if it were for him and I could add Massachusetts for me. (I also could now mark every state as traveled in...every one except Hawaii. I think Stu can claim every one at some point in his life. As to motorcycle riding, I have done all but Alaska, Hawaii and the 6 New England states. I plan to pick up New England this summer.)
- If you don't follow our Route 66 blog then you haven't heard that the rumor is true. We will not be riding Route 66 this year. We have decided to put it off until 2012. Read the details here: Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes
- Looks like our refrigerator is on the newest Norcold recall list. Stu has one more number to check to be sure.
- This looks to be the last good riding day for a while, maybe for the rest of the month. Next weekend looks good but we will be in Campobello, SC for a log home factory tour of Blue Ridge Log Homes. We plan to visit some friends who recently bought land in Greeneville, TN on the way back. But Stu has worn himself out working on the property the last two days...not sure if we will ride too far today, maybe just enough for Sadie to get a little more used to it. LOL!
Guess that's it for todays rumors, rumblings and ramblings...
Till next time - keep on rollin',
Donna and Stu